Shortlister and Shortlist.Me are video interviewing services provided by Shortlister Solutions Ltd, hereafter referred to as 'Shortlister'.
- We will only collect and process the minimum amount of your personal data for the purpose that we need it
- We will only use your personal data to provide our services to you and to improve on those services
- The service we provide means we do need to share/disclose your personal data to other companies that assist us
- We keep your personal data secure
- We only keep your personal data for a limited period of time
- You can keep in control of your personal data through the various rights you have
- We are happy to speak to you about what we do with your personal data
Data protection contact
Shortlister acts as a data processor on behalf of the organisation that you are interviewing for. If you wish to contact us regarding your data privacy you can do so by emailing email@example.com
Personal data collected
We receive the following personal information from the organisation that invited you to interview:
- Full Name (first and last name)
- Mobile telephone number (if provided)
- Your uploaded CV (if provided)
We collect the following information from you on behalf of the organisation you are interviewing for:
- Interview answer videos
We may also collect the following information to help us provide you with technical support:
- Your IP address
What we use your personal data for
We process your data only for the purpose of conducting your video interviews. We do this to fulfil our contract with the organisation that you are interviewing for. If we do not have your personal data, it will not be possible to complete your interview.
Recipients of the personal data
So that we can complete your video interview and supply it to the organisation you are interviewing for, we use several outside services. We may share your information with these companies
|Organisation||Information shared||Data storage||Data location|
Interview answer videos
|Logentries||IP address||Logging web pages visited||EU|
|CameraTag||Interview answer videos||Video recording||EU|
|Aggregation of data||EU|
*enablement subject to Data Controller authorisation
Security & transfers outside of the UK & EU
When we send and receive data, we always use encrypted network transmissions. All of our systems are secured by strong passwords, and data is only available to authorised users.
Where we transfer information to companies in the US, we are doing so in accordance with Standard Contractual Clauses.
Retention of information
The organisation that you are interviewing for will have told you how long they will keep your personal information for. We will delete your information when they have finished with it.
When we log data about your use of our web application using your IP address, we only keep that data for seven days in case we need it to provide you technical support.
You have various rights over how your data is processed. As the data we store about you belongs to the organisation that you are interviewing for, you should contact them directly to request to exercise your rights. We will pass any requests we receive to the relevant organisation.
- You can withdraw any consent you have given for processing
- You can ask for access to the personal data we keep about you
- You can ask to update inaccurate personal data we hold about you
- You can ask to delete your personal data
- You can ask to restrict the processing of your personal data, for example if you are contesting the accuracy of it
- You can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes and for analytical purposes
How to make a complaint to the ICO
If you are dissatisfied with the way we have been processing your personal data or have not dealt with one of your rights correctly when you have asked us to you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO has several ways in which you can get in touch with them, including post, email, and online forms.
Automated decision making including profiling
We do not undertake any automated decision-making, including profiling.